****From: Holden Cycling Collective Zwift ride
**Understanding and Welcoming Change:** Life's journey is accompanied by constant change. As we mature and gain self-awareness, we sometimes recognize that certain relationships might hinder our growth. Adopting an open-minded stance can invite transformative experiences into our lives, while resisting can block potential opportunities.
**Cultivating Adaptability and Positivity:** Flexibility is the cornerstone of a life that readily welcomes change. Embracing adaptability means confronting challenges with a problem-solving mindset, strengthening us mentally and physically. Coupled with a positive outlook, it not only elevates our spirits but aligns us with the universe's affirmative energies.
**Self-Reflection and Environmental Awareness:** Acknowledging the changes within us, both mental and physical, paves the way for adjustment and growth. Moreover, as adults, we possess the agency to choose our surroundings, emphasizing the need to surround ourselves with positive influences for personal development.
**Mentorship and Health Prioritization:** Regular interactions with a mentor can offer guidance and insights, proving invaluable in navigating life's challenges. Concurrently, focusing on a balanced diet, adequate hydration, and consistent physical activity ensures that our mind and body remain in peak condition.
**Education, Solitude, and Openness:** Educating oneself about coping with change can be comforting, offering a sense of community. Allocating quiet moments for introspection, perhaps via meditation, can offer clarity. Moreover, success often knocks on the doors of those open to unfamiliar opportunities, emphasizing the value of receptivity.
**The Power of Listening:** Being an attentive listener not only unveils new opportunities but deepens relationships. Listening is more than just hearing; it's about understanding and growing, making it an indispensable skill in our personal toolkit.
In essence, change is life's only constant. Embracing it with an open heart and mind can usher in growth and fulfillment.
Here's a recipe for a **Quick Chickpea and Spinach Stir-fry**:
1. 2 cups of cooked chickpeas (you can use canned for convenience, just rinse and drain)
2. 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 1 red onion, thinly sliced
5. 2 cups fresh spinach
6. 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color you prefer)
7. 2 tomatoes, diced
8. 1/2 lemon, juiced
9. Salt and pepper to taste
10. Optional: A pinch of red pepper flakes for heat
11. Optional: Fresh herbs like parsley or basil for garnish
1. **Preparation**: Have all your veggies washed, sliced, and ready to go.
2. **Sauté Onion and Garlic**: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sliced red onion. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
3. **Add Chickpeas and Veggies**: Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chickpeas, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes. Then add the bell pepper slices. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the peppers soften.
4. **Stir in Spinach and Tomatoes**: Add the fresh spinach and diced tomatoes to the pan. Stir until the spinach wilts.
5. **Season**: Drizzle with lemon juice, then season with salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes. Give everything a good mix.
6. **Serve**: Once everything is well combined and heated through, remove from heat. Serve warm, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
This dish is packed with plant-based protein from the chickpeas, fresh vegetables, and a burst of citrusy flavor from the lemon. You can serve it on its own, over whole grain rice or quinoa, or even use it as a filling for whole wheat wraps!
Be kind, Do Fearless